Piano Performance Certificate- Music and Dance Conservatory, 2007
Bachelor of Music in Piano - University of Culture and Arts, 2011
Master of Music in Piano- DePaul University, 2013
Professional Performance Certificate - Lynn Conservatory of Music, 2016
Ph.D minor in Entrepreneurship - University of Arizona, 2018
Doctor of Musical Arts in Piano- University of Arizona, Current
Welcome to Shuree Piano Studio
Shuree Piano Studio offers much more than just how to play the piano. As a student, you will also learn discipline, teamwork, and music education.
My teaching is rooted in the belief that every individual is unique. I pay careful attention to student's unique qualities so that I can help the student to achieve their goals. My instructional process is flexible with a concern for individual differences and for problem solving and discovery. My method of teaching is a synthesis of styles observed throughout my studies. My goal is to create well-rounded musicians who are both technically fluent on their instruments as well as being globally aware of their potential impact as an artist. Achieving this will result in a performer who isn’t bound by technical limitations, but is instead free to express their artistic ideas.
All Ages and Levels
If you are interested taking piano lessons with me please fill out this form.
By entering the studio you give yourself permission to leave the outside world at the door.
- Arrive on time for your lesson. Respect other student’s privacy. Do not arrive too early before your lesson time.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to attend lessons. In studio space observe silently and speak softly.
- If you come late or need to leave early, which may happen occasionally, please do so.
- Please turn off your cell phone.
- Siblings can stay in the room if they can remain quiet. Must have adult supervision under 10.
Before Your Piano Lesson
- Come prepared to focus for your entire lesson. Eat a small snack before hand so you don't get hungry.
- Wear nonrestrictive clothing.
- Wash your hands. There is a bathroom available for students and parents.
- Take off your rings and wrist watch so it doesn't affect your playing.
- Let your instructor know of any injuries, illnesses or special concerns so they can ensure the safety and pleasure of your piano lesson.
During Your Piano Lesson
- Attune each lesson by participating with mindfulness.
- Observe your body, don’t judge. Bring yourself to your relax and breathe.
- Give yourself permission to explore your arm movements and sounds. This is how you personalize the piano practice.
- I will do some “hands on” adjustments/suggestions. If you are not comfortable with this, or the extent to which it is done, please let me know. I am here to help you get the most out of your lesson.
- Breathing is a big part of piano playing. It is common to hold the breath during new, somewhat stressful situations.
After Your Piano Lesson
- Remember to take all of your personal belongings with you at the end of the lesson, especially your music books. The studio is not responsible for any lost items.
- Go over the materials and exercises we did in your lessons.
- Find your piano practice schedule. You will need to practice at least 30mins every day of the week unless traveling out of town.
- Start a practice journal.
- Bring questions.
- Parents, please pick up students on time. Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the lesson end time. The studio can not be responsible for watching over the student after the lesson ends.